Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Common-Link Food Truck in Ft Collins


I have a friend who once told me she would not eat food that came off a truck.  Well, her loss.  Because the poutine that is served off the Common-Link food truck is fantastic!!

The Common-Link truck gets it's name from the sausage laden menu.  How about a Jakalope link?  Spicy rabbit, antelope, cherries and habeneros, crazy!  I would like to try some but this trip was all about the poutine.

They routinely offer the basic beef gravy variety   I have seen a few interesting looking specials like the 5 Barrel Pork Poutine they were serving up just this past weekend.  But today was the standard fare.  And that's fine too.

Common-Link poutine features hand cut Belgian fries served with local cheese curds (Cozy Cow in Windsor) and from scratch beef gravy.  For $6.00 I got a big serving of poutine, plenty to keep me running through the rest of the day.  I went for lunch, and the truck is often at the local breweries in Ft Collins, Odells and New Belgium.  Great brews from these two places so I couldn't miss out on the nitro porter being served up today.


The poutine was served up fresh, really fresh.  I waited a couple minutes for the fries and the whole thing was very hot and that's important for poutine.  The curds from Cozy Cow are local and good, I've bought them myself for making poutine at home.  The fries were perfectly cooked and the gravy was excellent.  Beef gravy can easily be too salty but this was well seasoned and had a nice bite to it.

I'll be back for more and especially to try the specials and even a link or two.  Common-Link food truck doesn't seem to have a regular schedule so give them a follow on twitter or Facebook to keep up with the latest locations.



2 comments:

  1. 'bout time you found some! I see some here too: http://euclidhall.com/menus.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'bout time you found some! I see some here too: http://euclidhall.com/menus.html

    ReplyDelete